As we continue to our step-down to the Restored Order of the Sacraments of Initiation, this year at Christ the King, children in 3rd through 6th grade will be Confirmed. During this year, 3rd graders will also be preparing to receive their First Holy Communion. For more information on Restored Order, click here and on First Holy Communion, click here. Your family must be enrolled in the Family of Faith program and regularly attending the twice-monthly meetings. For more information on the Family of Faith program, click here. Children and their parents must also attend the Confirmation Sacramental Preparation Workshop.
If you have a child who is 7th grade or older and has not yet been Confirmed, please contact John Klausner in the Youth Ministry office (303-674-5159).
Your child’s formation for Confirmation is based on your family’s active participation in the Catholic faith. Canon Law #1653 states that the parents are the primary educators of their children’s faith. Receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation is not just a cultural or traditional rite of passage that Catholics do just because they are Catholic. Rather, this Sacrament is a powerful, grace-filled experience that provides us with the necessary spiritual energy to fuel our Christian pilgrimage on Earth. The Sacrament impels us, through grace, to further our commitment to Christ. Your desire to prepare your child for the reception of this Sacrament confirms you are committed to your Catholic faith.
Parents are highly encouraged to follow some basic guidelines to ensure their children are prepared; some helpful hints in making your child’s preparation more meaningful:
- Attend Mass regularly
- Arrive to Mass on time
- Sit up front
- Pray and sing with the congregation
- Receive Communion regularly
- Discuss the weekly readings with your child
- Discuss the Homily with your child after Mass
- Go to Reconciliation
- Model forgiveness at home
- Model an active faith through community involvement and service
- Learn about and model the fruits of the Spirit
The requirements for a successful completion of the Confirmation Sacramental Preparation program at Christ the King for 2017 – 2018:
- 3rd through 6th grade
- Baptized in the Christian faith
- Received the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Enrollment in and regular attendance in the Family of Faith program
- Family of Faith discussions and activities at home, prior to Family/Community Meeting
- Mandatory attendance at the Confirmation Workshop
- Parental participation at the workshop
To enroll in the program, please complete a registration form, which is located throughout the church, or click HERE.