Holy Matrimony Requirements
Per Archdiocesan norms, couples need 8 months preparation. To have the ceremony take place at Christ the King, either the bride or groom must be a CTK member (or their parents), that is, they must reside within the boundaries of our parish. No wedding date may be set until after an initial interview.
Note also: a Catholic wedding takes place in the church. All weddings are subject to paying a damage deposit of $250.
The Holy Matrimony preparation course consists of the following:
- Initial meeting with pastor
- Completion of the FOCCUS Inventory
- Three to four meetings with a parish sponsor couple to review FOCCUS Inventory
- Attendance at Holy Matrimony Prep workshop at the Archdiocese of Denver
- Review of "Theology of the Body"
- Completion of Natural Family Planning Course
- Final planning meeting
Inquiries about wedding dates and preparation for Holy Matrimony can be directed toward the rectory office. Requests for weddings must be approved by the pastor before a date can be set.
Parishioners may also rent the parish hall for their reception. For more information on facility rental, please click here.